Adobe illustrator is the one of the most popular softwares of Adobe creative cloud. It is a software application written in C++ based on vector graphics and images used to work on creating illustrations, drawings, logos, artworks and much more. Illustrator is mostly used by graphic designers, Web developers/designers, Artists and Professionals for different purposes to create spectacular illustrations and artworks. It has a wide range of tools inside the illustrator to reduce the time and effort of the user. It was initially released in 1987 and now the latest version CC 2021 was released in April 2021.
What is the usage of illustrator?Adobe illustrator is widely used for creating spectacular images and graphic related content. We can simply import an image of any format to the illustrator and can start working over there. Illustrator allows us to edit, redesign and add text to the image with complete ease without facing any difficulty. Illustrator is used for creating:
- Daily posts for a company
- Social media graphics
- Web designs
- Business cards
Monthly and annual cost:To use Adobe Illustrator, we have to buy a subscription or pay 19.99 $ per month and it will be 17.99 $ if we buy an annual subscription. And if we want the complete access of Adobe creative cloud, it will cost 49 $ per month and the customers who are using a prepaid plan will get a 20% discount. We can also have a free trial of Adobe illustrator for a month after that we have to pay otherwise the illustrator would not work and if we are working on a project then we won’t be able to complete our project.
Pros and Cons of illustrator:Illustrator offers a lot of benefits and advantages to the people who are in the field of web designing or graphic designing and can have a wide range of benefits as per requirement.
It offers a lots of advantages but of them are given below:
- It provides a User friendly and helpful interface
- It is able to create print graphics and web graphics
- A scalable display with infinite features and tools.
- It works even on a computer who has low specs but its not preferable
- We can create files in our own favourite sizes after the completion of our project.
Here are some cons of illustrator detected by the users:
- It takes a lot of space on the disk
- It takes a lot of patience and time to create a masterpiece
- Price is not fixed like if you use it from home then it will cost you around 19.99 $ per month and if you use it from the business perspective then it will cost you 69.99 $ per month.
Supported File Formats:Adobe Illustrator is capable of supporting many formats in terms of importing, exporting and saving files as well as vector graphics and images. There are so many formats that illustrator is able to support but some of them are listed below:
- Adobe illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- AutoCad Interchange File
- Text Format
- Microsoft Word
- Targa (vda, vst, icb, tga)